24 January 2009

Maximum Pinkness


My first Fyberspates Luxury Fibre Club parcel arrived, containing this wonderful stuff. It's called Nef and arrived in a long length of roving that explodes into this incredible pom-pommy fluff when you break it. Lovely. It's 70% baby alpaca, 20% silk and 10% cashmere, and it feels it. I'm spinning it quite fine with the slowest whorl of the fast flyer, using my standard half-assed extended/long draw.

I've finished the LOL assortment, with a big skein of DKish two-ply. It's slightly over-plied - the hank wants to do a quarter turn - but I don't mind that because I much prefer the look of two-ply that teeters on the brink of overplying anyway. Which may be a sign I should do a nice round three-ply for a change...

Another parcel arrived from Wingham Wool Work, full of exciting stuff, but I can't photograph it at the moment as some activities are just incompatible with cats, and festooning the room with dozens of intriguing little bits of roving is asking for trouble.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

its lovely!!!

Any plans for it or is it going to decorate the place while you bask in its glory?

2:21 p.m.  
Blogger Dulcinea said...

Thanks! I don't know what to make, the house is full of scarf-like things but I feel like wearing them all at once at the moment because it's so bloody cold, so I might end up making another one. Or long fingerless gloves....or I found some cool old bamboo bag handles in a charity shop...ponder ponder

3:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home