30 May 2007

Wonky wool works!


The Lendrum and I have been getting to know each other. We've reached a compromise where I get very gradually better, while the Lendrum throws up a sudden shock every now and again to keep me on my toes. I'm having to restrain myself from getting the dyeing equipment out and making a big dripping mess, because we are moving house (finally!) the day after tomorrow, and if I add to the resulting chaos any more, I may have to move alone.

Here's some hard-to-photograph handspun, random blues and greens with the odd bit of purple, because a length of roving without a bit of purple seems like a waste to me. This is the first handspun I've ever actually knitted into something. All the rest seemed too precious; now I know I can make more, and better. A lot better! Knitting it really shows you how it needs to be different - in this case, it could do with being plied about half as much again, at least.







Still, it works. Its lumpiness looks pretty good in the intentional lumpiness of a garter feather and fan stitch scarf. The random colours are fun to knit, too, especially when you should really be packing and cleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home