07 March 2007

Wheeeee!

The big green cardigan is finished. It fits, I love it and I may never, ever take it off. Everything else around me is in squalid wool-strewn confusion, after my week-long wrestling match with the button band from hell, but the jumper is as close to perfect as I'm likely to get. (Note to self - next time you pick up large numbers of stitches in a visible place, do it the right way round so it doesn't create an inappropriate purl row.) I can't believe it's actually finished, because the finishing process took so long - the bulk of the actual knitting was done in a couple of weeks. I'm flushed with success, flu-related fever and the fact that I'm wearing a bloody great woolly cardigan with the hood up. Now to slump in front of the TV knitting a sock and dreaming up the next jumper.

And the Spring Knitty is finally here! O frabtious day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally Webster said...

Hi There, Saw your comment on Cast on about BBC wales prog about kntting? Had a look at the Listen Again section but couldn't find it. Could I possibly ask you to post the link? Many thanks.

8:33 a.m.  
Blogger Dulcinea said...

I've had a look at the Listen Again site and it's definitely not there any more. They only let you listen to things for seven days after they are first aired, so I'm afraid it might be unavailable. Sorry, I think I must have caught it on the last day.

3:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home