28 February 2007

New wool, woo hoo, mess

I wandered into a half price sale in the single local wool shop the other day, and actually found some stuff I wanted. Ended up with 550gm Patons Fusion in a red/pink/purple colourway, and 100gm of the same stuff in blueish mixtures. It's 45% acrylic, 55% wool, which is more acrylic than I'd usually buy but for 1.50 a ball it's pretty damn good. I'm thinking of a sideways-knit sleeveless jumper with the red stuff, and a bag or hot-water-bottle cover with the blue.




Also, I got 300gm of this 70% wool, 30% alpaca multicoloured stuff which is fabulous! I've no idea what it will be, but I love it.

Now I've got to find somewhere to put it. I used to feel quite smug about the STABLE (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy) people whose garages and attics are lined with vacuum bags and storage boxes of unused yarn, as being a wool snob with no money I never had a problem with space. However, what with spinning, dyeing, Ebay, and funding, my poor boyfriend has to live with this:


Urrgh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home